From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kadu 2.1...OTR / Encryption defunct ???
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:16:50
1 On 18/04/2016 23:11, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > No. How much harder does it make it to follow?
6 It makes it *much* harder to know what you are answering to. To find
7 that out, I have to find and click on the previous email, see that
8 person's message then go back to yours and fit both together in my brain.
9
10 Why do I have to do this? Because you stripped out everything from the
11 prior mail.
12
13 On this list, there has been a long-standing tradition that we try to
14 use inter-leaved replies and strip out irrelevant sections for previous
15 mails. We do this because it makes the thread readable and
16 understandable to the possibly 1000s of other people reading it.
17
18 Read through all the posts of today that have more than one reply,
19 you'll quickly see why this method is by far the best.
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com