From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's broken with portage now?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:17:06
1 On 23/04/06, lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > To me that doesn't look like filesystem stuff. I think something murdered
4 > your portage cache. I'd try and axe the whole thing (if possible) and
5 > rebuild it all. Could take a long time, but it could work.
6 >
7 > Also, if those two packages aren't installed right now, it looks like all it's
8 > complaining about is the absence of one line. You could possibly find a way
9 > to hand-write the missing data, and see if that shuts it up.
10
11 Unfortunately, its not just those two packages which I've quoted here
12 as an example . . . it is every single package!
13
14 If I were to delete something it has to be the lot. Which directory
15 am I supposed to rm?
16
17 Is it /var/cache/edb/dep/usr/portage perhaps?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list