From: Rupert Stratford <ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 on macbook pro
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:17:55
1 On 2013-01-20, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > I'm completely stuck on getting Grub2 to work with the EFI on a new
3 > macbook pro. I have grub2 emerged w/o issue, and efibootmg as well.
4 > I've looked at both the Grub2 wiki and the Macbook wiki and the
5 > various directions are just /not/ clicking for me. Anyone have any
6 > clue how to actually get the EFI on macbook to boot Grub from
7 > /dev/sda1?
8
9 I've found that most problems with EFI and such are easier to resolve
10 when using an optical drive. If you have the new MBP, then you should
11 consider purchasing a cheap external drive and try using the Gentoo CD
12 [1].
13
14 [1]: http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-iso/
15 --