From: Don Jerman <djerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching from Genkernel to manual build
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:50:24
1 On 8/1/07, Abraham Marín Pérez <tecnic5@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dan Cowsill escribió:
3 > > Is there any specific process to or problems one might encounter as a
4 > > result of switching from a Genkernel built kernel over to a manually
5 > > built kernel?
6 > >
7 > As far as I can think of it would be enough getting the config file
8 > generated by genkernel, editing it through make config or similar and go
9 > ahead.
10
11 Only other thing I ran into (admittedly in 2004 or 2005 or so) is if
12 genkernel is doing any initrd-magick for you you'll need to either
13 understand it and do it yourself, or config your kernel so all that
14 stuff is built-in. It was a little embarrassing when none of my JFS
15 partitions got found on that first reboot. Keep a boot CD or DVD in
16 case of real disaster, and configure your current boot kernel as an
17 alternative choice in GRUB until you get the hand-rolled version
18 stabilized.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list