From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a PowerShell package?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:32:02
1 On Sunday, 13. Nov 2016, 13:05:24 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 23:20:06 +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
3 >
4 > > I did not find a PowerShell package in the portage
5 > > directories and I did not find anything by Google. Is there
6 > > a package at all (maybe somewhere in the overlays) and I did
7 > > just miss to enter the right search terms?
8 >
9 > You can download the source from
10 > https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases and compile it yourself.
11
12 The build suite is something completely different than the
13 standard configure-make procedure. It's first step says:
14 "Gentoo is not supported!" They only support CentOS and
15 Ubuntu.
16
17 > Alternatively, grab one of the RPM packages and use rpm2tgz to create a
18 > tarball you can unpack in /.
19
20 There seem to be dependency problems.
21
22 Thanks anyway,
23
24 Bertram