From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Printer
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:57:42
1 On 2016-12-11 8:27 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On December 11, 2016 11:57:07 PM GMT+01:00, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2016-12-11 10:06 AM, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
4 >>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:45:46 -0700
5 >>> Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> I'm on this thread a little late, but does CUPS not work? Every
8 >> printer
9 >>>> I've set up on a linux box (only a handful, to be fair) has worked
10 >> out
11 >>>> of the box without extra drivers.
12 >>> I have try now. With generic driver I play but they give only out
13 >> blank
14 >>> pages. No text. I have now try with older hp and hplip it work. So I
15 >>> think I will buy a HP Device. I write to Brother Support and ask for
16 >>> native 64 support and which printer/scanner/fax combi but no answer.
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>> Silvio
20 >> I have an HP printer and hplip doesn't work with it, so beware...
21 >>
22 >> Dan
23 > Dan,
24 >
25 > Which HP printer do you have? I have used several in the past and never had issues with them.
26 >
27 > One tip though, independent of brand, ink based printers may sound cheap, but I find the ink dries up long before they are supposed to be empty. Never had that problem with laser printers.
28 >
29 > --
30 > Joost
31 It's a Laserjet CP1025nw. I fought with hplip for a day or two, hplip
32 recognized the printer but wouldn't install it properly. Even using
33 kdesu or similar it would say it installed properly but nothing would
34 print from it. I eventually found foo2zjs, which works fine with it.
35
36 Dan