From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The time has come (udev and kernel dependencies)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:44:29
1 Neil Bothwick ha scritto:
2 > On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:37:28 +0100, brullo nulla wrote:
3 >
4 >> Does this mean that I need to install a new kernel to run udev-141 ?
5 >> Ok, I should run a new kernel *anyway* ... at this point the question
6 >> is: when I update the kernel, I can use the old udev-124-r1 until I
7 >> install the new one?
8 >
9 > You can install and build the later kernel, then install the new udev
10 > before you reboot, so you'll never need to run the new kernel with the
11 > old udev.
12
13 Good suggestion, even if I fear a lot updating *both* and if something
14 fails after reboot, have to diagnose "is my hardware not recognized
15 because of udev or because of the kernel" ?
16
17 Brr.