From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Project:Installer
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:06:29
1 2015-07-17 11:55 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > J.Rutkowski <jrtk <at> pancakebungalow.com> writes:
6 >> Anyone take a look at RHEL Kickstart for automated installs?
7 >
8 > Yes Kickstart is very cool [4] and an examination of it, if not outright
9 > usage, is a keen idea for discussion.
10 >
11 > Has anyone actually used kickstart to install gentoo?
12 > If so, any links or comments would be keen to read about.
13 >
14 I'm not sure if it would be usable in gentoo, maybe sabayon that
15 already uses Anaconda as installer, seems kickstart is mostly a remote
16 wrapper for Anaconda[1] directed at sysadmins for automation.
17
18 A few days a go I found this, is that is sh compatible:
19 https://github.com/zentoo/quickstart
22 [1] http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/kickstart/