From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Silicon Image 3112 Raid Controller on Kernel 2.6.22 and 2.6.23 not working.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 19:49:56
1 Mark Shields schrieb:
4 > I have this same chipset and run two SATA drives in a RAID 1
5 > (mirrored) config, but I'm running hardened-2.6.20-r6. I will note I
6 > have had no problems using the kernel drivers and have been using the
7 > hardened kernel since 2.6.14; before that this was just a system using
8 > the gentoo-sources, not sure how far that dates ('05-ish). I'll
9 > emerge the latest stable hardened (2.6.22-r8) and test it, and check
10 > back with you guys. I was thinking about upgrading anyways.
11 >
12 > I looked at your config and noticed:
13 >
14 > CONFIG_SATA_SIL24=y
15 >
16 > You don't need this. It probably isn't causing the problem, but I
17 > would disable it anyways.
18 >
19 > Also disable
20 >
21 > CONFIG_SATA_VIA=y
22 >
23 > too.
24 >
25 > --
26 > - Mark Shields
27 You will need to use at least kernel 2.6.22 to have this effect (if you
28 have it at all).
29 I tried some different kernelsettings, so there could be some things
30 active, which are not really necessary.
31
32 Thank you for trying. I am looking forward to your results.
33
34 Norman
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list