From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT - More Router Advice] Cheap Router with decent/reliable VLAN support
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 17:11:45
1 After seeing an older thread asking about a router, I figured I'd ask my
2 own question...
3
4 I'm looking for a cheap but reliable router that has decent and SIMPLE
5 way to add VLANs (I'm not a CISCO guy and don't want to have to become
6 one)...
7
8 Specifically, I want to have one VLAN that my wireless access points are
9 plugged into, to provide ONLY internet access, and then a separate VLAN
10 for my internal network...
11
12 This is to protect my internal net from any potentially infected
13 machines that are on the wireless access points (I routinely work on
14 infected computers for friends/family, so, I need internet access, but
15 want them isolated from my internal network).
16
17 Anyone? Will one of the FLOSS builds for the cheap Cable/DSL routers
18 support VLANs on the different built-in router ports (ie, Tomato, DD-WRT
19 or OpenWRT)?
20
21 Looking forward to any suggestions/ideas...