From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vsftpd: how can I chroot both anon and auth users to the same dir?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:39:31
1 Hi,
2 I'm using vsftpd and I'm quite satisfied, except for one
3 problem which I can not solve:
4
5 Anonymous users are chrooted to base ftp-server directory
6 /home/ftp but local users are chrooted to their own
7 directories /home/ftp/$USER and they can not move higher.
8 The only way for them to see directories of other local
9 users is to log-off and log-in as anonymous. This is not
10 very convenient. Why should authenticated user be allowed
11 less (in this particular aspect) than anonymous?
12
13 So I'd like to change it the way that both anonymous
14 as well as local users are chrooted to base ftp directory
15 /home/ftp but I do not know how to do it.
16
17 Whe I remove "chroot_local_users=YES" from vsftpd.conf,
18 local users are not chrooted at all, and can move
19 around the whole system up to /. And when I let that
20 "chroot_local_users=YES" activated, they are chrooted
21 to home-dirs. So how can I solve this problem?
22
23 Jarry
27 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
28 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.