From: Bob Dunlop <bob.dunlop@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/perl upgrade failure
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 05:53:26
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, May 10 at 09:11, Matt Connell wrote:
4 > I can't figure out why a perl update isn't building. This is only
5 > happening on one single machine out of the half dozen Gentoo systems I
6 > have running. I've never had issues building perl itself either.
7 > Modules sure, but never the main perl package.
8 >
9 > My search-fu is failing me as well, apparently, so I turn to y'all.
10 > Can someone point me in the right direction?
11
12 You might want to check out
13 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8680082.html
14
15 The solution suggested is to clear out obsolete and unmaintained
16 packages which may be causing your build to hit the error check
17 with.
18
19 emerge -av --depclean
20 perl-cleaner --all
21
22 Always a good idea to do a regular cleanup with depclean and I
23 suggest running perl-cleaner with the -p "pretend" option first.
24
25 HTH
26 --
27 Bob Dunlop