From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd_dounit
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:29:55
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > So, in short: "systemd_dounit <units>" just puts the "<units>"
5 in /usr/lib/systemd/system. There is no "registration"; systemd will read
6 the unit the next time the machine boots or earlier if you do "systemctl
7 daemon-reload", but the service will not be started nor enabled until the
8 user specifies (that's the Gentoo policy, I believe).
11 > or locally:
12 > /usr/portage/eclass/systemd.eclass
13 > I don't understand what the 9999 has to do with the eclass.
14
15 Yea, it was late for me. Nightly versions? I guess no.
16
17 The link really helped. I do not have it installed, and all I found,
18 last night, was 2012 code...
19
20 It the case of monitorix, the syntax added to the ebuild merely
21 adds systemd support.
22
23 thx,
24 James