From: joost@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blue Fn Key Combinations not Sending Scancodes
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 06:10:36
1 Randy Westlund <rwestlun@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Hey guys,
3 >
4 >I'm trying to make my blue Fn key combinations control by MPD server on
5 >the Raspberry Pi sitting on my speakers. This should be really easy
6 >with xbindkeys. I'm following this document:
7 >http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Use_Multimedia_Keys
8 >
9 >The problem I have is that the Fn key combinations on my laptop aren't
10 >all sending scancodes. I understand that the Fn key itself doesn't
11 >send a scancode. I'm using Fn + Down Arrow (a blue play/pause symbol),
12 >but xev doesn't register it. Even when running showkey -s, I can't get
13 >a scancode.
14 >
15 >When I do Fn + F8 (a blue monitor symbol) I get the scancode "0xe0 0x56
16 >0xe0 0xd6" so the key itself is working. And I can use Fn + F1 (Zz) to
17 >hibernate.
18 >
19 >So I'm thinking the kernel isn't recognizing the scancode that the
20 >keyboard is sending? Does that sound right? Is there something in the
21 >kernel that I should change? I didn't see anything that looked
22 >relevant under keyboard drivers.
23 >
24 >Randy
25
26 On an old laptop of mine I had to use ACPI to get the events from some of those.
27 This might be a similar situation.
30 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.