From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 01:30:55
1 On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 01/01/12 20:13, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> x
4 >> <SNIP>
5 >>>>
6 >>> Okay, so how do I change the group for a character device?
7 >>>
8 >>> Regards,
9 >>>
10 >>> Colleen
11 >>
12 >> mark@c2stable ~ $ cat /etc/mtab | grep devpts
13 >> devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
14 >> mark@c2stable ~ $
15 >>
16 >> But I haven't a clue how, if you've done no updates, your init scripts
17 >> wouldn't be just like everyone else. (Assuming Volker's and mine are
18 >> the same which they seem to be...)
19 >>
20 >> - Mark
23 > Thanks all for the suggestions.  I'm going to leave this for tonight
24 > 'cause I am totally confused
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 >
28 > Colleen
29 >
30 > --
31 >
32 > Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org
35 On the off chance you missed a post-update message that came from (I
36 think) maybe a dbus update awhile back, try
37
38 emerge -1 gobject-introspection
39
40 and then restart dbus and/or reboot to test.
41
42 Have a good evening,
43 Mark