From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual eselect - how to
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 20:40:59
1 Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2019, 15:05:27 CEST schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
2 > Hi,
3 > what is the relationship of a virtual package and eselect.
4 > E.g.
5 > I have installed openblas but 'eselect blas list' doesn't know about
6 > this.
7 > I have even modified virtual/blas to include openblas.
8
9 I have the feeling you're mixing ::science and ::gentoo packages. Since
10 openblas is only in the ::science overlay, I presume you are using that. The
11 version of virtual/blas in ::science *does* include openblas already, so you
12 shouldn't have needed to modify it, and you should be using eselect::science,
13 too. eselect-blas is *not* enough (and I don't even have it installed).
14
15 If you want to be sure to use packages from ::science, append "::science" to
16 packages in your world file or set definition(s).
17
18 > How does eselect get the list of alternatives?
19
20 I don't know, sorry.
21
22 > Many thanks for a hint,
23 > Helmut
24
25 BTW, the thread Dale mentioned is part of an effort to get the BLAS/LAPACK
26 alternatives handling done properly (or at least more robustly). The way it's
27 handled in the ::science overlay currently will likely not be merged into the
28 main portage tree.
29
30 HTH
31 --
32 Marc Joliet
33 --
34 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
35 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup