From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] set both an ipv4 and ipv6 default gateway
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:19:57
1 On Mon 15 August 2011 13:34:06 Jorge Polinotto did opine thusly:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to find out the way to set both IPv4 and IPv6 default
5 > gateway in the /etc/conf.d/net file.
6 >
7 > I've seen this way [1], adding "iproute2" module, but when I
8 > execute:
9 >
10 > # insmod iproute2
11 > insmod: can't read 'iproute2': No such file or directory
12
13 iproute2 is not a kernel modules. It's a userspace app that openrc
14 calls a module (ifconfig is an alternaive module for example).
15
16 Don't insmod it. Just use the net service as normal
21 > so I guess it's not in my kernel and I don't know where to add it.
22 >
23 > [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-881529-start-0.html
24 >
25 > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
26 >
27 > Jorge.-
28 --
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com