From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] deb or RPM on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:04:44
1 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:28:11 +0100
3 > Marco Fabbri wrote:
6 >> Hi there.
7 >>
8 >> I gona install my UPS software on the gentoo box. The company does
9 >> only provide debian or rpm packages. Can I install it somehow?
10 >> Any hint or link?
11 >>
12 > I'd suggest 2 steps:
13 >
14 > app-arch/rpm2targz
15 > Convert a .rpm file to a .tar.gz archive
16 >
17 > and then:
18 >
19 > app-admin/stow
20 > manage installation of software in /usr/local
21 >
22 > ...
25 >> Cheers in advance.
26 >>
27 > HTH
31 I have a similar issue. I have a CyberPower UPS and should be using
32 powstatd but it is not in portage and I have no clue how to get it there
33 and the person who wrote powstatd doesn't know either. I have apcups
34 installed but it does not work like it should. If I am not here to cut
35 off the computer then I am stuck.
36
37 Anybody know a easy way to get something in portage? I don't know near
38 enough to do it myself, about portage or powstatd. I tried to install
39 manually once, no worky just errors. Worked fine in Mandrake though.
40
41 Dale
42