From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I upgrade my python version?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 15:26:13
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > haoniukun wrote:
3 >> Dear all,
4 >>
5 >> I've just upgraded my gentoo system.
6 >> I synchronized my portage tree just now.
7 >> It was installed about a year ago.
8 >> The python version is 2.4.4-r6.
9 >> But when I was trying to install python 2.5, I've got an eapi exception.
10 >> And the installation failed.
11 >> And my portage upgrade is also blocked due to the bash version.
12 >> How can I upgrade my portage?
13 >>
14 >> Any hint would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
15 >
16 > One year ago? I recommend a new install. If a Gentoo system isn't
17 > updated for longer than about two months, hell tends to break loose on
18 > the next sync.
23 I seem to recall that he will have to go through the expat upgrade and a
24 couple other challenges as well. I agree, a re-install may be wise.
25 Save /etc, the world file and your /home directory. You may also want
26 to save /root if you have anything in there, scripts etc. Depending on
27 its use, you may need to save other directories as well.
28
29 Dale
30