From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Exercising a bit of caution with prune
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:08:36
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:34:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> emerge -C -p --depclean | grep '^ .*/' 1 | xargs quickpkg
6 >>> emerge --depclean
7 >>>
10 >> I have buildpkg in make.conf. Isn't that the same thing?
13 > Not exactly, but more than close enough for this. I use buildpkg too, it
14 > can save a lot of time and some heartache if a dodgy glibc is released.
19 I usually get a screwed up portage or mess up python. It helps to have
20 them laying around even though it fills up my portage partition.
21
22 Thanks
23
24 Dale