From: wraeth <wraeth@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]ask for installation help!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:34:48
1 On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 02:57:57PM +0800, Giant Y wrote:
2 > Firstly, I install gentoo in Virtual box for practice. I follow the "quick
3 > install guide"
4 > onA http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml. Unluckily,
5
6 I would actually recommend going through the handbook for your first
7 install of Gentoo anyway, since it does provide a nice introduction to
8 the key mechanics of Gentoo.
9
10 There's also some very useful information about Gentoo (introduction to
11 portage, for example) in part two of the handbook.
12
13 That being said, I don't think it caters to VirtualBox environments
14 specifically, so Paul's note on setting GRUB_PLATFORMS should be used
15 too.
16
17 Cheers;
18 --