From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh install on reboot endless scrolling text
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:10:35
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 19:50:23 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> Mounted the new root and emerged a few things while still chrooted.
6 >>
7 >> It'd be difficult to list quickly since I can't boot it, but the
8 >> highlights are:
9 >
10 > You can find this from /var/log/emerge.log, if the install system has
11 > genlop installed, you can get a list with
12 >
13 > genlop -l -f /chroot/path/var/log/emerge.log
14
15 Yeah thanks... I knew that... what I meant by `difficult to list
16 quickly' was having to boot from install media remount several
17 partitions onto /mnt/gentoo, then chroot etc etc.
18
19 But the problem has disappeared now since downgrading to 2.6.29-r2
20 kernel and building by hand instead of genkernel.