From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer isn't working. Help, please!
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:56:14
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> Evening, Experts!
4 >>
5 >> My printer isn't printing.
6 >>
7 >> More precisely, when in CUPS 1.5.2 (localhost:631), CUPS fails to find
8 >> the printer. When I click on "Find New Printers" it comes back with
9 >> "Available Printers - No Printers Found.".
10 >>
11 >> My system has been like this since I converted back from mdev to udev.
12 >> Though I have just built Linux 3.3.8 in the hope that a new kernel build
13 >> would help. ;-(.
14 >>
15 >> Help would be most appreciated.
16 >>
17 >> TIA!
18 > I had to blacklist the usblp module for CUPS to work with my printer. FWIW. :)
23 I think I read something about this a while back. Maybe google can turn
24 up a reason why since my memory is like a screen door, only catches some
25 stuff but lets everything else flow right through. ;-)
26
27 Since I have not had any trouble with my printer, I bet it was on this
28 mailing list or KDE's mailing list. Those are the only two I subscribe
29 to.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!