From: Wade Brown <wanderer.wcb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One machine's terminals don't say 'mark@flash' anymore
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:52:24
1 The environment variable $PS1 controls what your prompt is, assuming
2 you're using bash. This can be set in many many places, such as
3 ~/.bashrc, /etc/profile (controlled by something along the lines of
4 /etc/env.d/##bash), or even as a simple export. Try searching through
5 your /etc on your different machines for the PS1 setting, and copy it
6 to the one that's missing, a good place to start is "grep -r PS1
7 /etc/*"
8