From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rxvt-unicode has no transparency right after upgrade
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:16:04
1 On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:04:10AM -0800, Keith Dart wrote:
2 > I had previously used method 3, with an entry in my ~/.Xdefaults for
3 > it, that worked fine. It stopped for some reason with this new version.
4 > I suspect they may have removed the "hacks" they talked about and now
5 > depend on a properly functioning window manager. I am using xfwm4 with
6 > compositing enabled. Setting the property now works with it.
7
8 If that were indeed the case (that they are forcing migration away
9 from pseudotransparency and into real transparency), then it'd have
10 been nice if the +/-tr tags throw some error text rather than just
11 being silently ignored.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 W
16 --
17 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
18 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
19 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton