From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to properly change CFLAGS ?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:28:50
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 8/22/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> On 8/22/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
4 >> > Am I correct that the revdep-rebuild step is redundant if you don't
5 >> need any
6 >> > C++ apps for the next 48 hours (assuming the emerge -e world completes
7 >> > successfully)?
8 >>
9 >> Yep.
10 >
11 > Oh, except that you can prune old gcc versions in that case until
12 > *after* the emerge -e world completes. Just eliminating the
13 > revdep-rebuild step from what I posted would be bad...very bad.
14
15 Phew ... I am enjoying this thread and trying to distill some basic
16 rules out of it to learn and remember.
17
18 Currently I am running your "migrate-to-CFLAG-Os"-script on my
19 underpowered ;) laptop. Regarding the various postings I have also
20 started some "emerge -e system" on one of my desktop systems (won't post
21 its technical data, no no ;-) ), since this particular system refuses to
22 properly startx after going to modular X11.
23
24 Oh my, and while I'm writing this, Bo has already replied again, and
25 he's *confused* ! So no wonder, that I also am ;-)
26
27 Enjoying and learning, Stefan.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list