From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:33:32
1 On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:02:23 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> assuming this all goes without trouble (will take a while), should I
4 > >> unmerge version 4.3.4?
5 > >
6 > > There's no reason to. Unless you don't need it anymore.
9 > Or he doesn't like cruft or needs the drive space.
10 >
11 > Is rebuilding the whole system needed for that upgrade tho?
12
13 Only if you want to remove the old version, if only to ensure that
14 everything builds with 4.4. Every time I remove 4.3, I find myself
15 re-emerging it because some odd package won't build with 4.4, so I ended
16 up leaving it there.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Last words of a Windows user: = Why does that work now?