From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Lots of Fail.
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:30:55
1 First, my 3960x nearly melted the last few days, my cooling loop had run
2 almost dry. (apparent boil off...) root cause appears to be some kind of
3 chemical issue with my coolant that had resulted in the waterblock being
4 almost completely clogged preventing it from doing anything but getting
5 red hot, (north of 105C !!) so PSA = CHECK YOUR WATER LOOPS!!!
6
7 Anyway, I cleaned and flushed it at least enough to get it running again.
8
9 Since I rebooted for the first time in a month+, I need to update my
10 packages.
11
12 One of the fails I'm getting is a bunch of packages looking for
13 libgit2.so.1.0,   Ofcourse we now have libgit2.so.1.1
14
15 Who in god's name requires a specific minor version of a package!?!?!?!
16 Pure madness!!!
17
18 My much bigger problem is:
19
20 atg@tortoise ~ $ chromium
21 chromium-browser: error while loading shared libraries: libre2.so.8:
22 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
23 atg@tortoise ~ $
24
25 So I tried to 'emptytree chromium' and got hit by the libgit2 problem in
26 librsvg, also hit it in a number of other packages... =\
29 The vaccine is a LIE.
30 #EggCrisis
31 The Great Reset
32 Powers are not rights.