From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo still not up -- now no kbd driver
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:47:16
1 Still having trouble with my first gentoo install. Now X fails to come
2 up.
3
4 The relevant message seems to be;
5
6 # grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
7 (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
8 (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
9 (EE) Failed to load module "kbd" (module does not exist, 0)
10 (EE) No Input driver matching `kbd'
11
12 Presumably this indicates something isn't installed you -- but what is it
13 I have to emerge to get module 'kbd'? Or is it more complicated than
14 that? Would it help to post a batch of config files and the entire log
15 file, or would that just be wasting bandwidth?
16
17 -- hendrik
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list