From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] way OT - doze equivalent for dvdrip for a linophobe friend
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:28:55
1 el Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:28:17 +1000
2 Dan <drose@××××××××××××××.net> escribió:
5 > I am really embarrassed to ask this question but I have spent a couple
6 > of hours searching and couldn't find anything even remotely as good as:
7 > emerge -av dvdrip
8
9 i understand dvdrip is a front-end to transcode and it's good to rip dvds,
10 and re-encode them to burn to a cd.
11
12 to backup a dvd in dvd format the best application i know is dvdshrink. it's
13 free (as in beer), it's a pity it is only for windows, and i've never seen
14 anything as good for linux. it's the only reason i installed wine in my
15 desktop, and that i never wiped out the windows that came with my laptop...
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list