From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Spam, spam, spam
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:00:41
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006, Thomas Kirchner wrote:
2
3 > * On May 16 19:03, JimD (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
4 >> Is there a good spam filter out there? One that is not a pain to setup
5 >> and use?
6 >
7 > I'd recommend spamassassin.
8 >
9 > I've tried all of the popular spam filters, including SA, dspam, and
10 > bogofilter, including many of the "plugins" and smaller filters in
11 > portage, and only spamassassin is reliable.
12 >
13 > It uses more than just bayesian filters that can be tricked too easily,
14 > which gives the added benefit of a small training time. There's also a
15 > bigger spamassassin user base, which means more prewritten rules and
16 > help.
17 >
18 > Tom
19
20 I found mailscanner + spamassassin easy to set up. There is a well written
21 gentoo howto for this.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list