From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Blacklist one of the pool's rsync server?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 01:27:52
1 Is there any way for me to "blacklist" a pool rsync server so that
2 emerge --sync won't try to use it?
3
4 I'm using the sync-url rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage, but
5 one of the pool's servers is barely usable for me. I don't know if
6 it's a server problem or if traffic between my and that server is
7 routed through a Mars orbiter. When any other server is chosen, the
8 file list scrolls by faster than you can read it. Via the Mars
9 orbibiter the list ticks by about one file every 5-10 seconds. It
10 will usually finish (eventually), but sometimes hangs and times out.
11 It's been like for at least a year or two.
12
13 [FWIW, I'm uable to ping the server, and tracroute is unable to produce
14 a route to it. However, I can telnet to the rsync port on that host
15 and it connects.]
16
17 When I see that server has been selected, I usually just hit Ctrl-C
18 and try again.
19
20 Is there any way to configure portage to not use that server?
23 Grant