From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge error with glibc and nptl
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:17:36
1 kristina clair wrote:
2 >
3 > Hm!
4 > CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
5 > CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu"
6 >
7 > I did not set this box up, so I'm not sure - is there any reason why
8 > someone would set the CHOST to that?
9 >
10 > I checked the /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r1/work directory,
11 > and indeed there is no subdirectory
12 > build-default-i386-pc-linux-gnu-nptl. In fact, in the work directory,
13 > there is only glibc-2.3.3.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Kristina
19 Well, i386-pc-linux-gnu is the generic CHOST for the x86 arch so it could be for a number of reasons. Maybe it was just a mistake. You might be able to change the CHOST and "emerge -e world" but the normally recommended solution is to reinstall with a stage3 for your chosen subarch.
20
21 Zac
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list