From: Jonathan Chocron <jonathan.chocron@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound issues
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:00:29
1 Hi,
2
3 Amarok can use a variety of sound engine (arts, xine, gstreamer), but juk only
4 uses aKode. So, the common denominator seems to be arts. Did you install
5 arts ? If so, de-activate it and retry, it is known to cause problem since it
6 captures the sound device.
7
8 Other than this general advice, I'd need more info to help you (what engine
9 are you using, do you have sound in KDE (I mean "system sounds")...)
10
11 -- Jonathan
12