From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] filesystems
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:14:05
1 On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 13:50 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 24. November 2008 13:44:06 schrieb William Kenworthy:
3 >
4 > > I set up an openmosix cluster once using dfs I think. It replicated
5 > > data just like you want so each exported thread was seeing consistent
6 > > file space. It did work, but had a few issues ... I think it was
7 > > designed by MS being one :)
8 > >
9 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_File_System_(Microsoft)
10 >
11 > I strongly doubt that you used MS DFS in a Linux based cluster. If it was
12 > really DFS, then this one:
13 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCE_Distributed_File_System.
14 >
15 > Both are totally different beasts.
16 >
17 > Bye...
18 >
19 > Dirk
22 Your right, it was mfs - I still had the relevant line in an fstab -
23 must have been 3-4 years ago at least.
24
25 #mfs /mfs mfs dfsa=1,noauto 0 0
26
27 Its the dfsa argument that confised my memory.
28
29 BillK
32 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
33 Home in Perth!