From: "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Buying Webcameras
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:34:53
1 HI all,
2
3 I'm searching for a laptop webcam and a desktop webcam which should
4 work under Gentoo and preferably work well under Ekiga with very good
5 quality.
6
7 I was thinking on Logitech cameras: Quickcam for Notebooks Deluxe or
8 Pro and Quickcam Pro 5000 for desktop.
9
10 I'm not sure about creative webcams. Still, I've read many
11 contradictory stuff on the net about the support of the above logitech
12 cameras.
13
14 I'd be quite happy to hear all the possible experience you could share
15 on this. Cameras, models, quality, applications, etc.
16
17 Thanks a lot,
20 Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
21 Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
22 Computer and Software Engineering
23 INESC-ID - SAT Group
24 --