From: Matt Connell <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 04:14:46
I see posts on LWN (or other sources) for kernel minor version releases,
such as this one: https://lwn.net/Articles/811334/  The notes will
typically say that users should upgrade to that minor version due to bug
fixes or security patches.

I know that gentoo-sources tracks on the most current LTS kernel
release, currently 4.19.97.  However, these versions seem to usually be
slightly behind the 'recommended' minor version number.

Why is this?  Is it because the Gentoo patchset precludes the issues
that are being resolved by the LTS releases?  Are the issues considered
significantly minor enough that they don't warrant a version bump for
gentoo-sources?

No complaint or dissatisfaction being expressed here, just curious why
this seems to be, and if I should consider accepting ~amd64 for a newer
version.