From: "mike@×××××××.us" <mike@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:07:03
1 On 10/14/2012 03:19 PM, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Huh? Are there other libcs that do it differently? I can't imagine any
3 > alternative (except of the sbrk function from the bad old days).
4
5 Newlib at least uses sbrk, presumably because only requiring that, as
6 opposed to requiring a fully functional memory mapping interface which
7 may not exist on whatever it is ported to, is far easier. I suspect
8 that other smaller and/or embedded-focused libraries that don't assume a
9 kernel such as Linux or BSD probably also still use sbrk.
10
11 --- MIke
14 A man who reasons deliberately, manages it better after studying Logic
15 than he could before, if he is sincere about it and has common sense.
16 --- Carveth Read, “Logic”