From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The return of the dreaded "Cannot run C compiled programs"
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:29:34
1 On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I have a four-core 64-bit Celeron box with 4GB RAM, on which I've just
3 > installed a standard XFCE system on the desktop profile. It all went as
4 > expected, but when I ran an emerge -e world at the end I had two failures:
5 > both glibc and sandbox failed with the error in the subject line.
6 >
7 > It's some years since I last saw this error, and I'm stuck. I've looked
8 > through /etc hoping to find something skew-whiff, and I've compared the
9 > environment with this box's, but nothing stands out.
10 >
11 > Finally, following the hint in the portage output, I ran "FEATURES='-sandbox -
12 > usersandbox' emerge -1 --color n sandbox". It made no discernible difference.
13 >
14 > I've attached the logs etc from sandbox.
15 >
16 > Has anyone a clue?
17
18 configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
19 If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
20 See `config.log' for more details
21
22 Please take a look at the config.log file in the build directory; this
23 will probably have more detailed error information. Attach it here if
24 you would like me to take a look at it.