From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xmms alternative
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:34:23
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Sunday 29 October 2006 17:40, Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >
4 >> Anyway, with respect to the subject line, if my interpretation is
5 >> correct and xmms is being removed from the package list, what can I use
6 >> to play 'mod' files?
9 > or, emerge xine-lib with the modplug useflag (which has to be set for
10 > audacious too), and it can play mod files. And since amarok uses xine-lib as
11 > one of its engines, it would be able to play modfiles.
14 Thanks for this! :-) Stupid on my part, I suppose - I never thought of
15 compileing xine-lib with the modplug USE flag. I just let it compile
16 with the defaults and/or what was in make.conf.
17
18 Anyway, now I'm happy. No xmms, but I can play my mod files. Only
19 complaint I have is that I liked the blur-scope visualization which I
20 got from xmms. Funny think is according to package.mask,
21 xmms-blur-scope isn't even dependent on xmms.
22
23 Thanks again.
24
25 Colleen