From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ext4 inode limit reached
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:17:07
1 Hello :)
2
3 I have an ext4-filesystem that contains /usr/src, the /usr/portage and
4 /var/cache/edb. It previously also contained /var/db/pkg, but I had to
5 move that some weeks ago, because the fs was "full". Now it's "full"
6 again, though it has free blocks. But no inodes are left:
7
8 $ fsck -vf /dev/sda5
9 [..]
10 655360 inodes used (100.00%)
11 [..]
12
13 $ find /gentoo -xdev | wc -l
14 655338
15
16 That's really disappointing. I was using reiser3fs and XFS before, and
17 they didn't have that kind of limitation... Uhm... not meant as a rant -
18 I like ext4 - that's why I'm moving (almost?) everything to it...
19
20 Is there any way to raise the number of inodes without using
21 $ mkfs.ext4 -N BIGNUM
22
23 Thank you,
24 Daniel
27 PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
28 # gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887