From: Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in /etc/group
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:38:12
1 Do you see the user in /etc/passwd?
2
3 Thanks,
4 Brian
5
6 james wrote:
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > A couple of week ago, I installed a system using 2006.1 Livecd
10 >
11 > To day, I took a look at the /etc/group file and found 'gentoo'
12 > listed in several groups, including wheel
13 > (wheel audio cdrom usb users games) to be specific.
14 > I do not remmeber this before. In fact
15 > looking at several other systems, I do not see the word 'gentoo'
16 > in any /etc/group file.
17 >
18 > I'm thinking this must be a vestige of the liveCD 2006.1 install.
19 >
20 > Can anyone confirm this? Is this a bug I should report?
21 >
22 > curious,
23 > James
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list