From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ALSA and Gnome problem.
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 15:12:18
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I am experiencing a real odd thing, I configured my kernel to alsa for
4 NVIDIA AC'97 sound card, the sound options had beeing done well since
5 cat /proc/asound/cards returns:
6 0 [CK804 ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK804
7 NVidia CK804 with ALC850 at 0xda003000, irq 11
8
9 nice,
10 XMMS plays my mp3 and ogg files, mplayer plays most part of my videos,
11 but mplayers always says at starttup that audio device is already in
12 use, but it plays video with audio.
13
14 Until there, no real problem, but gnome enviroment sounds just don't
15 work, if I change multimedia for alsa none of the other programs work
16 and gnome sound events sound shuttering.
17
18 What can I do to solve this issue ? anyone had a clue ?
19
20 Thanks for all the support, Allan.
21
22 PS. If anyone needs complementary information, just ask.
25 An application asked:
26 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
27 so I´ve installed Linux
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list