From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FAT32 USB not showing/mounting
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:18:07
1 On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 12/15/14 09:19, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:37:58 -0700, Joseph wrote:
6 >>
7 >> I have a USB stick with FAT32 file system, but when I insert the disk
8 >>> it is not mounting on my desktop. No icon is showing up, why?
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> Which desktop are you using? Does it have an auto-mounter installed by
12 >> default?
15 >> --
16 >> Neil Bothwick
17 >>
18 >> Top Oxymorons Number 18: Taped live
21 > I'm using XFCE4 and everytime I insert a USB with FAT or ext2/3/4 the icon
22 > pops up on a desktop but I mount them manually.
23 > --
24 > Joseph
27 I remember asking on this list for instructions on how to auto-mount
28 removable drives some time ago as well.
29
30 Here's a copy of the rely I got. Hope this helps.
31 --------------------------------------------------------------
32 From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
33 Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
34 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: automounting removable drives
35 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
38 xfce-base/thunar needs to have USE="udev" enabled and
39 xfce-extra/thunar-volman must be installed
40
41 i don't see thunar-volman in your list there
42
43 futhermore authorization from polkit/consolekit must be working, so you
44 must see 'active = TRUE' line when you run `ck-list-sessions` in your
45 Xfce's Terminal as a normal user, see this thread (first post of it):
46
47 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858965-start-0.html
48
49 and like said, xfce4-mount-plugin is irrelevant, and `mount` command
50 shouldn't be used at all for udisks maintained removable devices, instead
51 `udisksctl mount` should be used as a normal user if you really want to
52 mount from commandline