From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: cannot configure native vmware tools
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:05:46
1 well, currently i am using the open-vm-tool, which is the open source
2 version. but i want to know if they are the same in function. can
3 someone tell me?
4
5 thanks.
8 On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
9 > === On Wed, 10/21, Nikos Chantziaras wrote: ===
10 >> Isn't that for having Gentoo as host OS only?  (As opposed to running
11 >> Gentoo as a guest inside another OS.)
12 >
13 > ===
14 >
15 > Oooh... you mean running Gentoo as a guest.
16 >
17 > Well, you do have to have built a kernel first (or at least a "make
18 > config"). The build sets up some symlinks that building other,
19 > third-party modules need.
20 >
21 > I also have a modified rc script for the tools, that works with openrc.
22 > Let me know if you want it.
23 >
24 > I also have an up-to-date Gentoo x86 server VM with the tools already
25 > installed.
28 > -- Keith Dart
29 >
30 > --