From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome logout dialog in Ubuntu has way more options - how to get suspend?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:34:41
1 · Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>:
2
3 > On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:19:17 +0200 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
4 >
5 >> That dialog has a lot more options than the dialog shown in Gentoo.
6 >> In Gentoo, I do not have "Ruhezustand" (Hibernate) and the dialog
7 >> looks a lot simpler.
8 >>
9 >> What do I have to do, to get the Ubuntu gnome logout dialog in
10 >> Gentoo as well?
11 >
12 > To add hibernate option you have to set SuspendCommand variable in
13 > /etc/X11/gdm.conf.
14
15 In Ubuntu, this has no effect. As far as I know, this logout
16 dialog comes from gnome-power-manager. I think so, as the
17 available options on this dialog can be controlled in gconf
18 with the key apps/gnome-power-manager.
19
20 > However I found out that if I set this to hibernate
21 > script, it is not executed.
22
23 Yes. In Ubuntu, the actions are controlled by the
24 /usr/sbin/pmi script; pmi comes from what they call "powermanagement-interface".
25 Such a package doesn't exist in Gentoo, it seems. According
26 to the "Portage File Search" on http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/pfs/
27 no package provides /usr/sbin/pmi.
28
29 And all of that is also somehow controlled by hal.
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 Das war ganz verblüffend.
34 Ich bin in Kaiserslautern eingestiegen
35 und plötzlich waren wir in Stuttgart.
36 -- Klaus Knopper
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list