From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WM that does not require policykit, consolekit, and gudev
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:32:39
1 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 02:19:51PM -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote
2
3 > 3. Select another WM that is more "lightweight" and doesn't require
4 > these USE flags.
5 >
6 > I'm leaning towards (3).
7 >
8 > Can you recommend a WM that will not require me to enable gudev,
9 > policykit, and consolekit?
10
11 See my sig. I use ICEWM. Runs fine without the above flags. Not
12 only does it not require gudev, it works fine without udev (I use mdev).
13 The only extra item I added was to build it with "imlib" USE flag.
14 Without imlib, it only supports .xpm icons (e.g. on the launchbar).
15 imlib adds support for png/gif/etc.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications