From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Possible new gentoo user
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:40:14
1 On Sunday 01 October 2006 20:08, Terry Eck wrote:
2 > I've been a SuSE user for several years now currently running 10.0.
3 > I'm interested in giving gentoo a try with the object of converting
4 > from SuSE to gentoo. I've been looking at this list for a couple of
5 > weeks and have determined that there may be a steep learning curve
6 > on my part converting. Any words of advice on getting up to speed
7 > using gentoo before I install it.
8 >
9 > Thanks for any advice you might be able to give me.
12 well, read the documentation on gentoo.org. Handbook, installation
13 instructions.
14
15 If it seems to complicated to you, don't do the switch. But if you
16 think 'well, I might be able to do it', try it. Backup your suse forst, of
17 course.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list