From: Ognjen Bezanov <Ognjen@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] in-memory database
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:05:00
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 11 Feb, Hung Dang wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I am looking for an open source in-memory database for data mining purpose.
6 >> I have tried to look into /usr/portage/dev-db/ and have not found any
7 >> in-memory package. Any suggestion?
10 > You might use dev-db/sqlite and put its files on a tmpfs directory.
11 > Helmut.
14 SQLITE supports holding a database in memory. I never did it in python,
15 but in PHP if you put "memory" in the connect string rather than a
16 filename, the database will reside solely in RAM.
17
18 As this is a sqlite feature rather than a PHP feature, it should work
19 under python as well (but I've never done it, so I don't know the syntax).
20
21 Ognjen.