From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost my window manager
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:17:17
1 On Thursday 28 December 2006 04:18, Samuel Baldwin wrote:
2 > > Try .xsession , add "exec startfluxbox".
3 >
4 > Excuse me. That should read .xinitrc , and that's in your ~. Light night,
5 > my bad. :)
6
7 Under /etc/X11/Sessions I have a file called fluxbox. In there I have:
8 ============================
9 /usr/bin/startfluxbox
10 ============================
11 along with a few other apps I need started/stopped with fluxbox, e.g.
12 gpg-agent.
13
14 I believe this file was created automatically when I emerged fluxbox (but
15 can't remember for sure). The same directory has other WM startup files too,
16 like Xsession and kde-3.5. Bear in mind that relevant files moved around
17 when xorg was changed to modular.
18
19 HTH.
20 --